CALL FOR ABSTRACTS/POSTERS
Open for Submission
August 2nd 2022
Closure of Submissions
December 2nd 2022
ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS: SWSLHD-SWAN@health.nsw.gov.au
Successful candidates will be notified by December 9th 2022
Successful candidates need to register for the Conference at early bird rates prior to 31st December 2022.
The Program Committee invites submission of abstracts for presentation at its meeting.
These submissions will contribute to the educational content of SWAN and be relevant to the management of the multiply injured and critically ill emergency surgery patient.
The audience will include surgeons, emergency and critical care physicians, radiologists, paramedics, nursing and allied health professionals.
Evaluation will be based on quality, clarity and relevance to the specialty of trauma and emergency surgery care, as well as the significance of the material,
as judged by the Abstract Review Committee.
Awards will be given for the best scientific papers and posters
- All work must be original and unpublished. No materials should be submitted that have been previously published.
- All persons whose papers are accepted by the Abstract Review Committee for presentation must be paid registrants and be present at the conference. In the event an alternate author is sent to replace the original presenter, SWAN Secretariat must be notified at least 4 weeks prior to the meeting.
- Each author is limited to the submission of TWO ABSTRACTS as the primary author.
- Oral presentations will be 10 minutes each with 2 minutes for questions.
- Please ensure you advise if your Abstract is for Oral or Poster Presentation
- The title should be short and succinct; and abstracts should contain four sections: objective / introduction ; methods ; results and conclusions
- Abstract text should be 250 words or less
- The abstract title, authors’ names with degrees, and hospital or institution affiliation must be written clearly (these are not included in the 250 word count).
- The author submitting the form will be considered the presenter unless otherwise noted.
- Do not include tables, diagrams, or graphics with the text. All data must be in narrative form.
- Size: 85cm x 110cm
- Text to be readable from approximately one metre
- Illustrations/images can be included
- Velcro hooks for attachment to display boards