CALL FOR ABSTRACTS/POSTERS
SWAN 2024 Conference – Call for Abstracts is now CLOSED
SWAN Conference Organising Committee is delighted to invite presenters to submit an abstract for oral and poster presentations to be delivered at SWAN 2024 Trauma, Critical Care and Emergency Surgery Conference. This premier international conference aims to bring together leading experts, researchers, practitioners, and professionals in the field of trauma, critical care and emergency surgery to exchange knowledge, share best practices, and discuss the latest advancements in the field.
Don’t miss this exceptional opportunity to showcase your work and contribute to the advancement of trauma, critical care, and emergency surgery knowledge. Join us at the SWAN 2024 in February/March 2024 to engage with renowned experts and participate in stimulating discussions.
We look forward to receiving your abstract submissions and welcoming you to an enriching and inspiring conference experience.
|Abstract submissions open
|Monday, 7th August 2023
Abstract submissions close
|Friday, 1st December 2023
Notification of abstract acceptance
|Friday, 8th December 2023
Deadline for presenters to register /
|Sunday, 31st December 2023
Final Free Paper program published
|Friday, 12th January 2024
Deadline for submission of PowerPoint to support
|Friday, 23rd February 2024
General Guidelines for Abstract Submissions
- All work must be original and unpublished. No materials should be submitted that have been previously published.
- All persons whose papers are accepted by the Abstract Review Committee for presentation must be paid registrants and be present at the conference. In the event an alternate author is sent to replace the original presenter, SWAN Secretariat must be notified at least four (4) weeks prior to the conference.
- Each author is limited to the submission of two (2) abstracts as the primary author.
- Must clearly state the objectives and outcomes of the proposed presentation.
- Your abstract text should be 250 words or less (not including abstract title, authors’ names, and hospital/institution affiliation).
- Presentations can be in the form of oral or poster presentations. Please indicate your preference during the submission process.
Other Important Abstract Submission Information:
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically through our online submission portal. Click Online Submission Portal here
- Abstracts submitted for presentation will be published exactly as received and should be checked for spelling and grammar prior to submission.
- It is the responsibility of the presenter/author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly.
- Where there is more than one presenter, all correspondence will be sent to the person who submitted the abstract and they should in turn distribute to any other co-presenters.
- If the abstract is selected, consent is provided for the presentation slides (for oral presenters); video; audio recording and photos taken during the oral presentation/poster presentation to be used and published by SWAN 2024 including being provided to delegates of SWAN 2024.
Abstract Review Process
- All submitted abstracts will be screened and reviewed by the Abstract Review Committee (ARC) for relevance to the SWAN Conference scientific content, and presentation.
- The ARC may accept or reject abstracts and their decision is final.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate the author’s presentation preference however the ARC reserves the right to allocate the presentation to best suit the program and the overall balance of content.
- Aim of presentation clearly articulated
- Focus, relevance & suitability for conference audience
- Scholarly contextualisation
- Methods/Approaches clear/appropriate
- Suitable discussion/reflection of research or practice clearly communicated
Notification to Author
Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Conference Organising Committee. All successful presenters will be notified by Friday, 8th December 2023 with an acceptance letter via email (so please check your junk/spam mail folder after this date in case it is misdirected). Full instructions for accepted presenters will be forwarded on the acceptance of the abstract.
Please note the details provided as the author contact should be for the nominated main contact of your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-presenters.
ALL presenters must register for the Conference and pay the appropriate registration fee by 31st December 2023 to take advantage of the Early Bird Discounted Registration Fee. It will be assumed any presenter not registered by this date has withdrawn their abstract from the Conference.
For further information, please contact the SWAN Conference Organising Committee.