Trauma Outcomes & Performance Improvement Course
(This educational activity has been approved in the RACS CPD Program)
25th July 2019 – 7.30am to 5.00pm
The Society of Trauma Nurses (STN) has developed the “Trauma Outcomes and Performance Improvement Course” in response to the need for education and better understanding of the Performance Improvement process in trauma care. TOPIC focuses on the ongoing assessment of the continuum of trauma care with a structured review of process and discussions of strategies to monitor trauma patient outcomes.
The TOPIC course is taught in a one day interactive Modular Format, customized to best meet the needs of the individual trauma care provider participants who have varying levels of experience with trauma performance improvement. The course offers practical application for all Levels of trauma centers, from entry level to mature phase of program development. The Modules are taught with a focus on didactic, operational definitions, sample tools, case study examples and take home points.
The STN TOPIC course is taught to all members of the trauma system team who participate in the ongoing assessment, evaluation and improvement of trauma care. The intended audience includes anyone directly involved in the management of trauma patients – Doctors, Nurses and Quality Assurance staff.
• Trauma Performance Improvement Structure ‐PI Plan
• PI Indicators, Audit Filters, Practice Management Guidelines (PMG)
• PI Issue Identification
• Levels of PI Review
• Trauma PI Team Roles
• Data Management for PI – Trauma Registry/Trauma PI Databases
• PI Forums/Committee Structure
• Peer Review Judgment Determination
• PI Reports
• Action Plan Development/Implementation
• PI Documentation/Confidentiality
• PI Loop Closure
• Institutional/System Link to Trauma PI